Selecting the right kitchen cabinet style for your kitchen remodel can be overwhelming, especially when you’re unfamiliar with the jargon. At i4kitchen we understand that the process can be stressful, and that’s why we’re here to help. We’ve curated this guide to assist you in navigating the various kitchen cabinet styles, so you can find the perfect fit for your home with ease.
Kitchen Cabinet Remodel
The two main types of cabinet construction are framed and frameless:
Framed cabinets are constructed with a frame that is attached to the front of the cabinet box. The cabinet doors and drawers are then attached to the frame and is the traditional construction method used in North America. This type of construction allows for a wider range of door styles and hinges to be used.
Frameless cabinets, also known as European-style cabinets, are constructed without a frame. Instead, the cabinet box is built to be self-supporting, with the doors and drawers attached directly to the cabinet box. This type of construction is popular in Europe and is gaining popularity in North America due to its sleek, modern appearance. In general, frameless cabinets tend to be less expensive than framed cabinets. However, this price difference is typically only around 5%-10%.
What are the six types of kitchen cabinets?
- Shaker cabinets are the more popular choice for kitchen designs due to their versatility and timeless style, which can complement a variety of interior decor styles. They are known for their simple, clean lines and five-piece door with a recessed center panel. Shaker cabinets can blend with various design styles, and can be customized with a variety of finishes and hardware. They may not be the best choice for those who prefer a more decorative look.
- Flat or slab cabinets are a modern, minimalistic style that features a flat door with no raised or recessed panel. This style creates a clean, sleek look, is easy to clean and can work well in small spaces.
- Raised panel cabinets are a more traditional, elegant, classic style that features a raised center panel with a surrounding frame. This style adds elegance and sophistication to a kitchen and offers a variety of design options. This may not be the best choice for those who prefer a more simple, modern look.
- Louvered cabinets are a unique style that feature horizontal wood slats that allow for ventilation and air circulation. This style adds a beachy, tropical feel to a kitchen, as well as ventilation capabilities. Louvered cabinets can be difficult to clean and maintain, and the slats may not be the best choice for storing items that need to be kept dust-free.
- Glass front cabinets feature a door with a glass panel, which can be clear or textured. This style can showcase dishware, glassware, or collectibles, and adds a modern, eclectic feel to a kitchen. Glass front cabinets require more upkeep to keep the glass clean and may not be the best choice for those who prefer to keep the contents of their cabinets hidden.
- Custom Cabinets can be tailored to fit any kitchen style or layout. Custom cabinets are recommended for those who want a completely unique look with unlimited design options, high-quality construction, and personalized service.
Kitchen Remodeling Companies Near Me
I-4 Kitchen Bath provides guaranteed, quality work that can fit any budget, from residential to commercial jobs. Customize your kitchen, bathroom, or interior space with our top-quality cabinets: assembled in the USA and guaranteed for durability! With a variety of colors, materials, and styles to choose from, our cabinets are the perfect way to personalize your space to perfection. Our expert cabinet remodel installation team will ensure seamless installation down to the last detail. For more information, call us at (407) 246-0636 or schedule an appointment online.